Spreading the “buzz” on Oakland
The Oakland Business Improvement District is a dynamic team of three full-time staff members, an engaged Board of Directors of over two-dozen Oakland Business District Stakeholders and our dedicated third-party cleaning crew. They work to keep Oakland the gem that it is; vibrant, youthful, clean and safe are top priorities of OBID.
OBID Member Benefits
As a commercial property owner or business within the Oakland Business District, you are automatically receiving these benefits:
- Street cleaning and sweeping services
- Access to promotional campaigns
- Participation in OBID special events
- Promotion to more than 1,500 Oakland stakeholders through OBID’s Noteworthy News weekly email
- Promotion to a network of more than 2,000 people through OBID’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Flickr
- Ongoing access to resources and technical assistance – just a phone call or email away
- Connections to Oakland’s big players: UPMC, University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University and Carlow University.
- Networking events connecting you to your fellow business owners in the Oakland BID
Call for Nominations
The OBID Governance Committee is undertaking a call for nominations for members interested in serving on the Board of Directors! Board terms are for three years beginning January, 2015. OBID member business and property owners are encouraged to apply. If you are interested in submitting a nomination for the OBID Board of Directors, please fill out the attached 2015 OBID Board Application Form. The deadline to submit is Wednesday November 19, 2014.