Spreading the “buzz” on Oakland
The Oakland Business Improvement District is a dynamic team of three full-time staff members, an engaged Board of Directors of over two-dozen Oakland Business District Stakeholders and our dedicated third-party cleaning crew. They work to keep Oakland the gem that it is; vibrant, youthful, clean and safe are top priorities of OBID.
OBID Member Benefits
As a commercial property owner or business within the Oakland Business District, you are automatically receiving these benefits:
- Street cleaning and sweeping services
- Access to promotional campaigns
- Participation in OBID special events
- Promotion to more than 1,500 Oakland stakeholders through OBID’s Noteworthy News weekly email
- Promotion to a network of more than 2,000 people through OBID’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Flickr
- Ongoing access to resources and technical assistance – just a phone call or email away
- Connections to Oakland’s big players: UPMC, University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University and Carlow University.
- Networking events connecting you to your fellow business owners in the Oakland BID