Pittsburgh looks forward to launching a bike share system in 2014. Bike share is a system of bicycles available for short-term use by annual or short-term (24 hour) members. The bikes are used for “point-to-point” trips and can lock into any of the 50 solar-powered stations planned throughout the city of Pittsburgh. The 500 bikes are designed to be sturdy, vandal-proof and with safety in mind.
As part of the Startup Oakland campaign to attract tech startups to the Revv Oakland co-working spaces of our business district, OBID will be installing these technology-themed banners throughout the business district. To complement these new banners, soon you will also see window clings throughout the Revv Oakland spaces to highlight available tech incubator spaces. This project is funded by the Pittsburgh Partnership for Neighborhood Development.
Below is a list of current properties available for lease or purchase:
3715 Forbes Avenue
Union Real Estate
3347 Forbes Avenue
7,000 square feet of office space
UPMC has also been ranked no. 1 in Pennsylvania and in the Pittsburgh Metro area. Nationally, UPMC is ranked in 15 adult specialties and is among the top 10 hospitals in eight specialties. You can learn more about the rankings at UPMC.com/Top10.
There are several ways that OBID can promote Member Businesses. To have OBID promote your business, you can:
- Provide us with materials to distribute to arriving students in August as they start the Fall Semester
- Set up a booth at the Oakland Farmers Market (Every Friday through October, 3pm-6pm in Schenley Plaza)
- Participate in the Let’s Go Pitt Program
- Give us information to share through our weekly Noteworthy News email that reaches more than 1,500 people
- Share an image or quick bit of information for us to promote through our Only in Oakland Facebook and Twitter pages, reaching over 2,250 fans and followers
- Participate in promotions and events organized by the OBID throughout the year
All of these opportunities are completely FREE to OBID Members! If you are interested in participating in any or all of the above, please contact Mary, firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-683-6243 ext. 19.